Emporium Purgatorio, the comics within the shop, along with all streams of revenue have one purpose: to promote Indie Comics and the men and women who are of that ilk, ie, have the courage to push out ideas of importance knowing the path is usually a pauper’s road.
We are striving to put as much revenue into the actual artist’s hands as possible. This is why you will see our Artists Edition pieces linking directly to those artist’s comics and books. This is why you won’t see ads, random ‘affiliate’ marketing through Amazon, etc, or anything that would detract from the art and the artists Emporium Purgatorio believes in enough to support. Shop Link
Where does my money go?
- Purchases of Alan Moore and/or collector comics are from my personal collection and the monies are put right back into buying and supporting Indie comic creators.
- Independent comics and art are prepaid so that the artists are recompensed for their work whether a single copy ever sells or not from Emporium Purgatorio.
- Signed, limited, etc, are prepaid at the cost of the item. Any additional revenue is then sent to the artist with a 50/50 split of revenue.
- Digital downloads are split 80/20, with the artists receiving 80%.
- 100% of affiliate revenue through Amazon links is sent to the creators of those works directly.
- Affiliate revenue through the Support Emporium Purgatorio section is split 50/50 between Emporium Purgatorio and artists in our ‘Artist’s Edition’.